Following Jonathan in the WSOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Jonathan in the WSOP

Jonathan Little ended day 2 of the main event 47th of about 1,100 in the AB flight with 297,300 chips and (Day 1C plays their second day today). Blinds will be 300 / 1,000 / 2.-0-- on day 3. Day 3 will start tomorrow, Wednesday.

You can follow his comments on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JonathanLittle

What I find interesting are the hands he shares on share my pair. It is educational to see how a Pro actually plays.

Here is one hand from near the end of day 2 when he has to decide whether to call a SB raise from the BB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SMP 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	4458

Would you call, fold or raise with 95 offsuit with 200 / 800/ 1,600 blinds?

You can replay the action of this hand here: https://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/s.../feed_id/30098

You can view all of his Share My Pair hands here: https://www.sharemypair.com/userweb/...ls/user_id/641

I have begun defending my BB more often lately just due to pot odds. (I think Doug Polk defends up near 75% of his BB). J Little had him make as a lunatic, so easy call here for me given that information.

Comment

We're getting something like 4-1 on a call and are certainly going to realize our equity enough to justify calling. I think raising isn't horrible but against a lunatic you might end up in a leveling war which is really bad.

Hand was fine as played otherwise. Maybe a wild player is going to pay you off three streets with A-high or 3x some percentage of the time, but mostly when you get called on the river it's going to be with middle pairs. I think there's also some merit to checking turn if you think your opponent will stab at the river with air a lot.

Comment

I have been trying to defend wider as well. But I haven't been defending quite that wide. 95 offsuit is about 77%

Comment

At one point in time, I defended my BB 100% to any standard sized SB raise. Now I'll fold from time to time when the raise is coming from a nit or I've beat up on his raises in the past. (ie I think he's adjusted to my game) But this is more of a position play against the player for me and not playing the cards.

But it is quite standard for me to call a preflop raise BvB and call almost any c-bet.

Comment

Reasonable standard call from the big blind considering stack size and raise size. Jonathon hit the flop and villain didn't. Not much else to say only with all the training material out these days, pre flop sizing is going to get bigger and then it will be a different story.

On another note , I went through some of Jonathon's other hands and there are lots of very interesting hands. Actually it is fantastic material.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              Reasonable standard call from the big blind considering stack size and raise size. Jonathon hit the flop and villain didn't. Not much else to say only with all the training material out these days, pre flop sizing is going to get bigger and then it will be a different story.

On another note , I went through some of Jonathon's other hands and there are lots of very interesting hands. Actually it is fantastic material.
              This is spot on. And you are already starting to see it.

At the featured table on ESPN on Tues night - I think. You had an early position raiser open to the standard 2-3x bb size off a fairly decent stack (north of 50bb) and Grafton had a huge stack in the blinds and made it 10x his open to go with AKo.

The EP raiser had a middling pocket pair and had no choice but to ditch it.

There have been some very interesting sizes being thrown around. Its nice to be able to pay attention to all the hands live instead of just the ones edited for TV to see all of this.

Comment

Working...
              X