Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short stacked flopping trips, getting action when the third spade hits on turn.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short stacked flopping trips, getting action when the third spade hits on turn.

Position Name Stack
    MP1 36,030 (18 bb)
    MP2 62,400 (31.2 bb)
    MP3 129,616 (64.8 bb)
    CO 53,600 (26.8 bb)
    BTN 71,380 (35.7 bb)
    SB 62,985 (31.5 bb)
    BB Hero 25,860 (12.9 bb)

Stakes/Buy-In: $5+$0.50
    Players: 7

Blinds 1000/2000 antes 200

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 of hearts 8 of diamonds
    3 folds, CO raises to 4,400, 2 folds, Hero calls 2,400

Flop: (11,200) A of spades 7 of spades 7 of diamonds (2 players)

Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (11,200) Q of spades (2 players)

Hero bets 5,600, CO raises to 18,144, Hero raises to 21,260 and is all-in, CO calls 3,116

River: (53,720) 9 of diamonds (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Opponent has 13/10 agg 50% Steal co 67% ONLY 60 hands

PREFLOP: My plan here is to chx raise a decent draw or reasonable amount of equity or low dry cards.

What is better here:

1)donk bet of about 5000, leaving me a shove of 75% pot for the turn. I mean he is calling with an Ace or fd but if he folds that is still a decent result.

2) Jam and hope he has an Ace to call off with......at the time I felt this would be losing too much value & HU I didn´t it that likely he would have the fd.

I just assumed he would c-bet and I would shove.............I lose either way but as played makes me feel this line was sub optimal.

As played: I´m assuming he doesn´t have an Ace or a 7 cos he would have bet those with the FD. He may have a Queen or queen combo with a spade or hit the flush.

As the Ace is out he couldn´t have the nut flush and he would not likely raise here so a lower flush makes sense as does a kq with the k spades.

I´m ahead or behind so is going my hand a bit of " I´ve mucked it up and I´m going with it" tilt?
    Last edited by mymindisblank; 06-13-2017, 10:29 AM.

I am not sure about your call preflop. With 13bb I think folding or going all in is better with 87off. But with that flop and 11 bb, i would be committed at that point.

Comment

I do agree that these are good shove conditions and a viable line but in the BB I don't think calling is bad the problem is that this hand doesn't play well HU post flop and when it does, you end up in weird spots. For most players the shove is certainly easier.

I would have donk shoved that flop though. I'm not going to assume he'll bet for me when I need the action. He see's we're small stacked and would expect a check raise with the entire range given some reasonable assumptions. (another case of hero not being aware of his reverse reads)

That flop is better for villains range than ours and if you run like me he's sitting on KJ of spades. Why create a bunch of tricky situations for ourselves and just put it on them.

Comment

Working...
      X