Break during upswing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break during upswing?

For this quarter I played about 10 tournaments and been running well. Grinding 50-100 dollar tournaments, I've been doing well accumulating over 2.2k in net winnings. I usually play once or twice a week.
    During this weekend tournament, I kind of noticed my self going into autopilot. A thing jl mentions in his books and trainings. That being said, should I take a breather for a Bit? I feel good, not burned out and personal side is well. Still studying as well. Even cashed and busted in 6th place for a little cash.

is it a mistake to stop during an upswing?

By auto pilot, do you mean that you are playing mechanically or on instinct?

if the former, maybe take a short break from NLH and explore another game. If the latter, perhaps that evidences a moving beyond pondering and might be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by OPK View Post
      By auto pilot, do you mean that you are playing mechanically or on instinct?

if the former, maybe take a short break from NLH and explore another game. If the latter, perhaps that evidences a moving beyond pondering and might be positive.
      Mechanically. Was doing more math and playing like a fedor bot. Wasn't always putting people on ranges and thinking levels.

Comment

No, you don't need to take a break. If you were a baseball player in a slump, do you just take a week off in the middle of the season or do you address the problem and work on solving the problem? This is not an issue of making the wrong decisions, it is an issue of not doing the hard work needed to make the right decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpregler View Post
          No, you don't need to take a break. If you were a baseball player in a slump, do you just take a week off in the middle of the season or do you address the problem and work on solving the problem? This is not an issue of making the wrong decisions, it is an issue of not doing the hard work needed to make the right decisions.
          Excellent point JJ. Need to go back, brush up on some of the basics. Think it could be a case of "winners tilt" as well?

Comment

i am not promoting any one slogon over here, but this sentence make sense to me, " if you are not thinking , you are gambling" what make me a winner because i dont gamble, i am exploiting with probability

Comment

Working...
            X